Saturday, September 6, 2008

still Rocking ON.....

Well... I never expected that I will write a blog on a movie I saw, but somethings affect you in such a way that its impossible to escape their impact. I waited for one week to write this blog, maybe I was waiting for the infatuation to get over.... but guess what, it hasn't. I am loving it.

I am not describing the story of the movie, so those who have not seen it can chill...:)...
Before I say something else, this is purely my perspective on the movie. May be others who watched might have a different view....

I love simple stories....No exaggeration, nothing unrealistic. This movie tells you such story, yet for me, it was surreal. Nostalgia grips on & off while watching the movie. Sudden flash backs & then present, then another flash back, helps to connect the past with the present. Circumstances are the villains here.
A dream for which 4 people lived their lives just shatters in a moment. They were very close to achieving what they dreamt of, yet just as it was about to be real....... all is lost in a spur of moment. Lives change. Four paths that were together have taken there own separate ways.
Egos.... when they clash, man vs man, are devastating. Personally I have that experience. Its more like a divide that can never be joined again. Its like 2 tight fists that can only be joined to punch but never to shake.

Ten years on, life gives them a second chance to relive their dream. When people realize that happening, egos take a back seat, or rather thrown out of the vehicle. Four separate paths join again for good.The last concert of the movie was a spectacle to watch, I think that's why I went to see the movie second time. Climax created in the end pumps up the blood out of your head.
The stage performance has charged me up too to perform with my guitar in a great stage. It has inspired me to pursue my 6 yr old hobby of strumming the guitar to take it to the next level. Now, not a single day passes when I don't touch my guitar.

I loved the songs of the movie long before the movie was in theatres, my favourite is "Sindbad the Sailor". Instantly, I came back home & tried to play it.... I love the feel of the song & the message it conveys. The rhythm is gripping & has a very expandable melody to suit your interpretations.

I would suggest everyone to see the movie at least once. Its a movie which is not everyday stuff, but a benchmark movie in years to come.
it has somehow charged me to convert surreal into the real.

happy watching...
ROCK ON..

2 comments:

Mohtashim said...

My personal favorite songs from this movie is "Ye Tumhari Meri Baatein" and "Socha Hai".

Looking forward to watch ur performance with your brand new guitar.

Suresh HL said...

thanks dear for the update. Will watch this movie soon :)